Gratitude Glasses

Gratitude Glasses
I'm looking at the world through my gratitude glasses to see the good in life!

Friday, January 3, 2014

Three Graces Overheard

In keeping with my goal to list "1000 gifts," the object of today's post is to list "three graces overheard."

The first two "graces" occurred at the post office.

1. There was a line of people waiting to be helped, and two young women ahead of me were engaged in "idle chatter." They were looking at a Victoria's Secret (swimsuit) catalog and discussing their fashion choices. It was obvious the two females knew each other quite well, and overhearing their conversation enabled me to witness the "grace of friendship."

2. Even though the line at the post office was long, there was no conversation among the patrons other than what the women directly in front of me were sharing. The customer who was being helped at the counter was talking to the postal clerk, but I was not close enough to make out the conversation. I did, however, hear the clerk laugh out loud in response to something the customer said, so I overheard the "grace of laughter."

3. The third grace for the day is difficult to define. My husband was listening to the television, which is something that is not always easy for me to tolerate. TV can distract me and even make me anxious at times, but it relaxes my spouse. And tonight, as I overheard the drone of "conversations" he was listening to in order to escape the stresses of his day, I was reminded how blessed I am to have a husband who comes home to be with me after a hard day of work. And in a roundabout way, the voices emanating from that electronic box caused me to be grateful for the "grace of covenant."

With gratitude for God's graces...
~Rebekah

No comments:

Post a Comment